Saturday, February 28, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
My entry for the PINK SATURDAY is my cactus plant. It is called Faerie Castle. I'm sure that you understand why, with all of the little turrets. I'll admit that I don't know much about cacti, and I sure hope I don't kill it--it is way too pretty.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
2. How long did you know each other before you started dating? We started dating the day after we met…and have been inseparable since.
3. Who asked who out? He asked me.
4. How old are each of you? Our birthdays are both in June. He will be 46, I’ll be 34.
5. Whose siblings do/did you see the most? It’s a toss up.
6. Do you have any children together? No, and we don’t plan on it. He has two grown children from a previous marriage, and I don’t have the energy to have children right now, and by the time my schedule frees up enough to devote time to a child, I’ll be old enough that complications could be involved. I’m very happy with my “Aunt” status.
7. What about pets? Oh yeah, a zoo. Macie is our black lab, she’s going to be 10 months old at the end of February. Mojo is our German Shepard, he will also be 10 months old at the end of February. They have the same birthday—interesting huh? Marvin is our fat tiger cat. He is almost 11 months old (I know, we got them all around the same time—we’re a little nutty.), and the fish (who I call Molly) it’s a huge goldfish—the only survivor from a tank that was full of fish for the past 8-10 years.
8. Did you go to the same school? No, I went to Northwestern High School, Mike went to Conneaut Valley High School. But they’re only about 7 miles apart.
9. Are you from the same home town? No, but close, we grew up about seven miles from each other—but the years are the real separator, since he’s 12 years older than me.
10. Who is the smartest? That’s really a toss up. He knows some really technical things, especially about how to fix machines, but I’m great at useless information. I kick butt at trivial pursuit.
11. Who is the most sensitive? Probably me.
12. Where do you eat out most as a couple? Different places, Red Lobster is a biggie, so is Applebee’s, our new favorite is Joe Root’s Bar and Grille, and of course, Mike is a huge Olive Garden fan.
13. Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? Washington DC.
14. Who has the worst temper? We have about the same temperament. Both of us are extremely easy-going and it takes a lot to make us mad, but if you get us to that point, get out of our way!
15. Who does the cooking? Puhleeze. Me. I do the cooking. Unless it’s Valentine’s Day.
16. Who is the neat freak? Him. Him. Him. He’s like Monk, only more annoying about it. (The man vacuums our yard. Seriously. Go see my myspace). So, I let him have his little tirades. I can only get so much done in a day. He’s learning to deal.
17. Who is the more stubborn? Oh. That would be me, definitely.
18. Where was your first date? Dinner at his house—which he cooked (yeah, he used to cook).
19. Who has the bigger family? Same size. I have two brothers, he has a brother and a sister.
20. Do you get flowers often? Yes. I love this about him.
21. How do you spend the holidays? Mornings at our house. Early afternoon with his parents, and evenings with my family.
22. How long did it take to get serious? I honestly think we were serious the second we met. He’s my soulmate, and I’ve never, ever felt such an instant connection.
23. Who eats more? Depends on the day. I’ve seen him pack some food away, but I can do that myself.
24. Who’s better with the computer? I am when it comes to operating it. He’s better at trying to figure out why it won’t turn on…
25. Who drives when you are together? Depends. He does most of the time, but I do too. I have a longer work commute though, and don’t want to drive on weekends usually.
Monday, February 16, 2009
All in all, it turned out to be the perfect Valentine's Day surprise for him.
Monday, February 09, 2009
This is a picture of both of my babies. Macie is on the left, and Mojo on the right. They are both now almost 9 1/2 months old. They were about 8 months in the pic above.